Part of the line since day one, the Marula Pre-Cleanser and Camu Brightening Cleanser were created to set your skin up so that all other skin care products work their most effectively.
“Cleansing properly without leaving my skin dry has always been a challenge for me. I’ve struggled to find cleansers that effectively remove my makeup, and if they did, they left my skin feeling stripped and taut. On the other hand, some oil and cream cleansers left me feeling like I had a layer of oil on my face.
So I made it my mission when creating Luxe Botanics to perfect the cleansing process, while also making it an enjoyable ritual as part of a self-care routine. The combination of an oil as a pre cleanser, followed by a light cream cleanser proved to be a winning combination as together they thoroughly remove makeup without drying or disrupting the lipid barrier. The added benefit is allowing their wonderful botanical oils and antioxidants to absorb into your skin.”
– Jené Roestorf , founder of Luxe Botanics
Pre cleansing is best used on dry skin, as this allows the oil to penetrate the skin more deeply to flush out impurities.
- Start by applying 3-4 pumps of the silky Marula Hydrating Pre Cleanser to your fingertips and massaging in gentle circular motions around your eyes to remove eye makeup, dirt and other impurities
- Slowly expand your massage from your eyes, up to your forehead, and then down to your cheeks, chin, neck and décolletage
- Take a deep breath to enjoy the invigorating citrus scent before rinsing your skin with warm water to gently dissolve the oil
- A konjac sponge or a muslin cloth is a lovely way to end this pre-cleansing step
CAMU BRIGHTENING CLEANSER
- Apply 3-4 pumps of the creamy Camu Brightening Cleanser to your damp face and neck in upward and outward circular motions, applying lighter massage strokes around your eye area
- This gentle massage will allow the camu camu to infuse into your skin while you breathe in the earthy-floral scent
- Rinse your skin with warm water and gently pat your skin til damp, not dry, to prepare for your mist and serums
Founder Tip: Those with very dry skin can enjoy pre-cleansing twice a day, sometimes even using the pre cleanser as the only step in their cleansing routine.